Author Topic: Starcraft 64 - quest to unlock Invincibility code using cheats and hacks  (Read 1480 times)

Offline skwatter

• View Profile
Hello, everyone!
Thank you for welcoming me to the forums.
I am curious if there is any way to unlock the console cheat codes in StarCraft 64 utilizing gameshark codes or self-generated .flash files or any other way other than arduously beating the levels and unlocking the cheats normally.  This is for the NTSC version.  I have unlocked most all of the cheats already, just not the unlimited mana and special code, meaning invincibility.  I am not good at playing video games, especially strategy games and I have not been able to beat this level in order to unlock the special mode cheat code even using the cheats that I have already unlocked.  One thing that I have done already is used a N64 emulator, Project 64, to try and generate my own flash save file with the code unlocked utilizing artmoney as the hex editor.  To this end I froze Hyperion's health and manna to an inordinate sum in order to use one single character to destroy the overmind and easily download the code which is how you achieve the code, simply by beating the level and destroying the overmind.  I was unsuccessful however, as loading the game file and the save file that I created on the ever drive 64 version 3 resulted in a console error, something like ERROR FAT 0xC2 or something.  I made sure to name the save file the same as the game file.  Does anybody know how to do this?  Is there a way I can generate my own game shark code that will either unlock the cheat code directly or perhaps convert the hex editor address that I modified to freeze Hyperion's health to a GS code?  Thanks very much for your consideration.

Offline skwatter

• View Profile
I have found some codes to unlock the individual cheats for the European version of the game but I think that it would not display properly on my NTSC TV.  Is there a way to convert the PAL ROM to NTSC while still having the Action replay codes function to unlock the in-game cheats?

Thanks.

Offline supersign

• View Profile
Maybe try asking in the gamehacking.org discord?