Author Topic: It may not be possible to add custom games to the new Turbo-mini's afterall  (Read 713 times)

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
After having mine for a few months I just realized that their is no way possible it can go into a state of half sleep mode like how all other mini's were able to, with no reset button and just a standard slider it either goes left or right... also the HUD display would be complex to make that feature of what goes in and out a limitation too.

What do you think?

Speaking of which I do have a few questions too... for those who got the recently released batch I heard the devices are having issues with power outages likely due to Konami not correcting what amps they use. My one was a two pin port in a travel charger but normal ones seem to be locking and bricking the devices, has this happened to you?

Also does the corrected international batch not overheat like the 1st batch did, by this I mean I placed mine on a box and just after 3 hrs the whole thing felt like a ovens insides... I remember the original ones overheating but it seems weird the mini's do as the SNES and NES and even Megadrive ones have fans inside my one was too hot to even turn off lol, so I dunno if that was corrected or not.

Lastly was the input lag ever fixed in the 2nd wave of them outside of Japan, I rememeber seeing Lag in the Castlevania games intro on youtube and even my one had some shimmering in the framerate when Ricter's morning star goes across the screen in the FMV scene.

That's all for now for my 3 questions.

As for which mini I got it was brought up in this post here - http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1004.msg74191#msg74191
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 04:28 AM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
All of these mini consoles, at least over the last few years, run on hardware that the modding community know how to get into.  Plus they've all got to have some kind of interface to test them.  I have no doubt they'll figure it out.

And yes, the TG-16 did not come with a power supply, so people are using various USB adapters and some have fried the devices.  This is Konami's fault entirely, because A) they didn't supply anything, and B) they didn't bother to properly build their board so it wouldn't be burnt out by most micro USB chargers.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
All of these mini consoles, at least over the last few years, run on hardware that the modding community know how to get into.  Plus they've all got to have some kind of interface to test them.  I have no doubt they'll figure it out.

And yes, the TG-16 did not come with a power supply, so people are using various USB adapters and some have fried the devices.  This is Konami's fault entirely, because A) they didn't supply anything, and B) they didn't bother to properly build their board so it wouldn't be burnt out by most micro USB chargers.

A. The missing power supply is a thing international minis always did but it's weird the North American one this time followed the same suite, B. Apparently Hori confirmed they didn't fully make the board either according to reddit... 3 if they didn't change the manual for the international coregrafx and left the power supply being a 2 pin plug then very little care to notice this wasn't given to make sure it was the correct voltage.

Oh yeah speaking of reset features the classic hold run and select will longer reset the game it instead brings up the menu to save or start again or go back to the menu, however I have noticed its not really touch sensitive so you can still press it lightly for some ingame prompt codes like the Spriggan series that needed 4 buttons held down to bring up a stage select menu or Super Star Soldier that required both run and select to be held before inputting a crazy command for more options.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 01:08 AM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
According to Restalgia, it has been hacked, we just don't have a public release for it yet.

https://www.arcadepunks.com/pc-engine-turbografx-16-mini-has-officially-been-hacked-this-is-what-restalgia-knows/
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older! Now with a modern gaming section!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
According to Restalgia, it has been hacked, we just don't have a public release for it yet.

https://www.arcadepunks.com/pc-engine-turbografx-16-mini-has-officially-been-hacked-this-is-what-restalgia-knows/

Ah I remember that video, but I was leaning towards the way Hackchi would do it? I think it would be impossible as it needed the hold reset button also I was never a fan of retro arch I'd love to see what games manage to run on the device without it and usually turn it down as the command asks me... for some reason I prefer the actual hardware's way of saving than having an alt menu and the fact it will load multiple consoles on it defeats the purpose for me.

Post changed:

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
Ah I remember that video, but I was leaning towards the way Hackchi would do it? I think it would be impossible as it needed the hold reset button also I was never a fan of retro arch I'd love to see what games manage to run on the device without it and usually turn it down as the command asks me... for some reason I prefer the actual hardware's way of saving than having an alt menu and the fact it will load multiple consoles on it defeats the purpose for me.

Like I said, they'd hack it no problem.  I'm not sure if you've followed it, but Project Lunar, for instance, hackes the Genesis Mini, lets you add roms but retains the menu.  The prominent hacks for the NES/SNES, Atari Flashback, PlayStation, etc. all do the same thing.