Author Topic: Turbo Duo backup saves from Internal to Turbo Everdrive  (Read 6288 times)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Turbo Duo backup saves from Internal to Turbo Everdrive
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2020, 03:01 PM »
Yes and that's the preferable way to do it. Any CD accessory should already come with the backup memory and Hucard-only systems can add it with a Ten no Koe 2 or Backup Unit (GT is an exception).

I don't think it's possible to make the TED simulate a backup accessory either.

Offline elmer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2020, 08:51 PM »
I don't think it's possible to make the TED simulate a backup accessory either.

You're right, it's not possible on a TED/TED2.

The regular 2KB of backup-RAM is in bank $F7, and the TED2 only maps banks $00-$7F (which is the full range of HuCard banks).

Offline NerdyBros

• Pixels Never Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 05:15 AM »
Either support for Tennokoe Bank or adding an option to the Everdrive menu that can copy between the backup RAM and SD card. Or both.

EDIT: Link updated to beta 4 version which fixes the free space display on empty BRAM slots.

Funny story... I had just ordered a soldering kit and spent the last hour watching soldering tutorials so I could replace the battery on my Tennokoe Bank Hu Card since my PCE has been wiping the saves after a few days and my bank card seems kaput... and then I found this. Thank you so much, now my Rondo of Blood data is safe and sound. @elmer, are you continuing development on the OS? Anyway we can support you?