Author Topic: EverDrive N8 PRO has been released!  (Read 19950 times)

Offline marionintendo

• View Profile
Re: EverDrive N8 PRO has been released!
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2020, 09:30 PM »
I don't know where to ask this, but I noticed the audio balance settings are ignored when playing .nsf files. For example, if I set vrc6 and vrc7 to mute in audio balance, the game Akumajou Densetsu is affected, but its .nsf file is not.

Is this "bug" known? Is it a limitation of .nsf, or something that can be "fixed"? I am running the latest OS (I believe v5)

Watch people in the US get the NES version before I get the Famicom version that I ordered on BF.

I live in Quebec and received mine yesterday, don't give up hope!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 09:32 PM by marionintendo »

Offline Link83

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2020, 11:34 PM »
The EverDrive N8 PRO NES version is now available:-
https://krikzz.com/store/home/57-n8-pro.html
https://everdrive.me/cartridges/everdrive-n8-pro-nes.html
Looks like only the clear red shell is available at present.

I'm surprised that KRIKzz has not yet posted about it on twitter! :o
<EDIT> Tweet is up now :):-
https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/1219022475721347072

Curiously (To me at least!) the PCB is labelled as Model 19, Rev.N1
https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/1219030219425828866
Modern EverDrive PCB revisions are usually labelled Rev.A, Rev.B etc. Famicom N8 PRO is Rev.FA (F=Famicom, A=First revision) so the 1 is a bit unusual.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 06:40 AM by Link83 »

Offline RickyKustafason

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2020, 08:28 PM »
Yuck, do not like the transparent red case.

I'll get one when the grey version is available.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2020, 08:38 PM »
Curiously (To me at least!) the PCB is labelled as Model 19, Rev.N1
https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/1219030219425828866
Modern EverDrive PCB revisions are usually labelled Rev.A, Rev.B etc. Famicom N8 PRO is Rev.FA (F=Famicom, A=First revision) so the 1 is a bit unusual.

I don't like two letters in revision number, it looks confusing. Famicom and nes will be named like Rev.F2 or Rev.N2 except first famicom revision which is already Rev.FA

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2020, 08:36 AM »
The N8 Pro I ordered arrived. Thanks for the hard work! It even runs rev A of Galaxian, which doesn't even run on emulators due to an 8k PRG-ROM.

Offline FriendofSonic

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2020, 08:16 PM »
any plans on the NES version being carried on Amazon?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2020, 09:14 PM »
any plans on the NES version being carried on Amazon?

Yes, but amazon bureaucracy sometimes take lot of time, also need some time for delivery to the amazon stock.

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2020, 05:16 AM »
The N8 Pro I ordered arrived. Thanks for the hard work! It even runs rev A of Galaxian, which doesn't even run on emulators due to an 8k PRG-ROM.

There are three ways to run Galaxian.  The first is to run the overdumped ROM, which is what the Famicom sees anyway.  The second is to run a check against a 16KiB file and if the checksum or hash matches that of Galaxian Rev. 0 or Rev. A, then you can run it.  The third, and the best way, is to use the NES 2.0 Exponent x Multiplier method to express the PRG-ROM or CHR-ROM size if it cannot be accurately expressed in 16KiB or 8KiB increments, respectively.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline Odin Belmont

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2020, 10:58 PM »
Yuck, do not like the transparent red case.

I'll get one when the grey version is available.

I like the red shell, but would also like other colours as well.

Offline rainwarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2020, 03:14 AM »
Is the Everdrive N8 Pro incompatible with the CopyNES like the original Everdrive N8 is, or has that problem been solved? That was the one thing I wish I'd known before I got an N8.

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2020, 03:48 AM »

There are three ways to run Galaxian.  The first is to run the overdumped ROM, which is what the Famicom sees anyway.  The second is to run a check against a 16KiB file and if the checksum or hash matches that of Galaxian Rev. 0 or Rev. A, then you can run it.  The third, and the best way, is to use the NES 2.0 Exponent x Multiplier method to express the PRG-ROM or CHR-ROM size if it cannot be accurately expressed in 16KiB or 8KiB increments, respectively.

Yeah, I previously had to use an overdump from goodsets, but the Pro supports the rev A no intro ROM directly.

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2020, 12:45 AM »

Yeah, I previously had to use an overdump from goodsets, but the Pro supports the rev A no intro ROM directly.

Must be a hash check unless your Galaxian ROM has a proper NES 2.0 header.   :(  Does a non Rev-A ROM also work without the overdump?
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2020, 03:26 AM »

Must be a hash check unless your Galaxian ROM has a proper NES 2.0 header.   :(  Does a non Rev-A ROM also work without the overdump?

I haven't tried a non Rev-A without the overdump yet. I did find something interesting when trying newer no-intro roms (both Rev A and non rev A). They seem to be using the exponent x multiplier trick, but don't work in the everdrive pro.

Edit: I changed the header to 1.0 with the same data as the earlier header (16k PRG-ROM, 8k CHR-ROM) and it Non-Rev A no-intro ROM works.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 04:05 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline radel1996

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2020, 06:50 PM »
How i can ask, Where i can buy Everdrive N8 pro with Sendship to Poland?

Offline yojc

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2020, 07:26 AM »
How i can ask, Where i can buy Everdrive N8 pro with Sendship to Poland?
You might try everdrivestore.com, I've ordered some of mine Everdrives (not the N8 Pro though... yet) from them and they did a good job. IIRC items are shipped from the USA, but the shipping cost is very reasonable ($6) and I had to pay no extra taxes or import dutes (your mileage may vary).
https://everdrivestore.com/collections/krikzz/products/everdrive-n8-pro-famicom
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 03:16 PM by yojc »