Author Topic: SD2SNES (non pro version) which bios files are required? Which files are not?  (Read 1522 times)

Offline sir_psycho_sexy

• View Profile
I know there is a thread for this topic on the Pro version of the SD2SNES, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer for the regular non pro version.

I have a Rev H SD2SNES. About the 6 .bin files from Stone Age Gamer I notice on their website it says you don't require the BSXBios.bin, ST0010 or ST0011 any more as they are all built in to the latest firmware?

Can anyone confirm if this is accurate? There really isn't any formal instructions out there for us, except for Ikari's instructions here: https://sd2snes.de/blog/downloads which seem to indicate you do still need to manually insert the bsxbios.bin and st0010.bin

Is there anything else I am missing? Can someone do my a favor and list the exact files one needs to run all the games we can successfully play? I am not asking for the actual files, just the names of them so I can confirm I have everything I need.

Thanks for your time
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 12:17 AM by sir_psycho_sexy »

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
Hi, I have a non Pro too. The Pro and non Pro uses the same bios files.

From SD2SNES.de:

“The headerless BS-X BIOS is required for running BS games. Rename it as ‘bsxbios.bin’ and put it in the sd2snes directory.
For DSPx / ST0010 support you need the DSP ROM dumps:

dsp1.bin
dsp1b.bin
dsp2.bin
dsp3.bin
dsp4.bin
st0010.bin”

You also need the Cx4.bin for some Mega Man Games. SuperFX (GSU) and SA-1 are build into the Firmware.

Edit: S-DD1 is also build in.

Greetings
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:08 PM by D4v3WTF »
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
Cx4 is also built-in as of v0.1.7pre1 :) The cx4.bin file only contains some non-copyrightable math lookup tables so it was embedded into the FPGA configuration.

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
Cx4 is also built-in as of v0.1.7pre1 :) The cx4.bin file only contains some non-copyrightable math lookup tables so it was embedded into the FPGA configuration.

Thank you for pointing that out ikari  :)

Greetings and happy new year  :)
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H