Author Topic: New Banjo-Kazooie mod - Gruntilda's Mask  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
New Banjo-Kazooie mod - Gruntilda's Mask
« on: December 16, 2019, 05:11 PM »
A new Banjo-Kazooie mod has been released, called Gruntilda's Mask. It's Everdrive 64 compatible, and is *very* good (but be wary of reading the comments on the video page, as someone has described the ending, spoiling it for anyone who hasn't yet completed it).

Here's a video of the gameplay, and the download link for the patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dQWmg7kGs

Note: The download is currently v1.2, since it's already had one bug fixed, but there's a text file called BUGS.txt, which lists the following:

Well, in fact isn't a bug but:
- To see the REAL number of items you have collected, press Start-View Totals-and go LEFT.

If you want to play it on an emulator, then make sure to read the How to Play.txt file.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 09:52 PM by Kerr Avon »

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
Re: New Banjo-Kazooie mod - Gruntilda's Mask
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 06:43 PM »
This is really cool, I love it to play Banjo hacks! Banjo-Kazooie is my favourite N64 game. Got it on Christmas 1998 and played it a lot with my dad. Good times!
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline Kurko Mods

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Hi there!
Thanks for share my project!  ;D
The Mod has been updated to version 1.2 to fix some small new glitches. If there is no serious new bugs this will be the final version.
I hope you enjoy it!! Regards!

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Hi there!
Thanks for share my project!  ;D
The Mod has been updated to version 1.2 to fix some small new glitches. If there is no serious new bugs this will be the final version.
I hope you enjoy it!! Regards!

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the mod (it's really good), and for letting us know about the update.

Have you made any N64 mods that can run on real hardware, please? And can you recommend any other good N64 game mods that will run on real hardware? The fact that so many Super Mario 64 mods can't run on real hardware comes up often on this forum, so it's really great that Gruntilda's Mask works fine on real hardware. Does whichever BK editor you use always produce mods that are real hardware compliant, or does N64 compatibility require extra work?

Offline Kurko Mods

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 12:07 PM »
All my Mods works on real hardware (except Eagle Dungeon, I don't know why), you can find links to all of them in any of my videos. It is not necessary to do any extra programming, the Mods created with "BanjosBackpack" work in real hardware. You just have to optimize the polygons count so that the lag is not a nuisance. It is for the same reason that I am trying to buy an Everdrive x7. I want to optimize my next full mod (The Legend of Banjo Kazooie The Jiggies of Time)

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 06:40 PM »
All my Mods works on real hardware (except Eagle Dungeon, I don't know why), you can find links to all of them in any of my videos. It is not necessary to do any extra programming, the Mods created with "BanjosBackpack" work in real hardware. You just have to optimize the polygons count so that the lag is not a nuisance. It is for the same reason that I am trying to buy an Everdrive x7. I want to optimize my next full mod (The Legend of Banjo Kazooie The Jiggies of Time)

Is Eagle Dungeon part of The Jiggies of Time? Does that mean that the demo from The Jiggies of Time 4th trailer web page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsLAThcwD5c

is the latest one that will run on a real N64? That mod does look really good, BTW.

Anyway, I've just sent you a PM.

Offline Kurko Mods

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 12:49 PM »
Yes, Eagle Dungeon is part of Jiggies of Time, but that demo was created 2 years before, and using a clean ROM, so I'm not sure why doesn't work on original hardware. My idea is to use the Everdrive64 I bought to test the game at 100%, but I haven't any notification of my purchase yet...  :-\