Author Topic: N8 v1.20 official is out  (Read 5285 times)

Offline EchopleX420247

• View Profile
Re: N8 v1.20 official is out
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 11:32 PM »
Was mapper 99 not fixed in the 1.21? Vs. Excitebike still shows the same glitchy graphics.

Vs. Excitebike works for me with no issues as does Karnov and the reset function.  I'll test some more but v. 1.21 seems solid so far.

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2020, 05:07 AM »
oh cool. I'll try another ROM for the AC Vs. Excitebike hack, but, of course the FDS version runs with no issues since that's a different mapper. No problems with Karnov, Wario's Woods, and Ki no Bouken (which was probably due to a bad rom, not 1.20).

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 08:44 AM »
Doh. Didn't realize there's a 1.22 out. Will test again. Edit: Tried 1.22. The Vs. Ice Climber hack that uses mapper 1 showed a gray screen, but I may just have to delete and recopy. Need to test more MMC1 games.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:27 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2020, 04:27 PM »
currently testing 1.22. VS exitebike works fine as well as Karnov.
Mapper 1:  tested: kid ikarus, blaster master and ice climber on FDS

No bug so far.

Frontload with tim RGB mod4

Offline Turk182

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2020, 06:51 PM »
V1.22 tested and no issue with Karnov and Kid Icarus on PAL NES

But blank page on reset too.

Offline jonas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 07:05 PM »
1.22 fixed the reset to black screen bug on my system.

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2020, 08:04 PM »
 :) fortunately i tested 1.22 before reformating my sd card and reset issue is fixed also for me
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:07 PM by GreatFunky »

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2020, 10:30 PM »
Did you play Vs. Excitebike (not FDS) after the title screen? I'll see if I can find another ROM to test, but it's still showing the same glitched graphics during gameplay for me. No issue with Karnov or most MMC1 games. Trying another ROM of that Vs. Ice Climber hack to see if that's the issue.

The rom I used for Vs. Excitebike was "Excitebike (VS) [NES-hack v1.2].nes with a checksum of F58C99D7. The rom from the Smokemonster pack (which I sent to Krikzz in PM) has the checksum of E1AF3048.

The 2.0b rom of the Vs. Ice Climber hack booted to black screen and then played with garbled graphics when I reset to game. Checksum D732018E. The 2.1 version of the hack that also gave me a blank screen (didn't test reset to game) has a checksum of C6CCF3CC.

currently testing 1.22. VS exitebike works fine as well as Karnov.
Mapper 1:  tested: kid ikarus, blaster master and ice climber on FDS

Ice Climber for FDS works for me too. It's not the same rom as the Vs. System Hack (which is a .nes rom, same with the hack of the AC Vs. Excitebike).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:31 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline jonas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2020, 06:16 PM »
I noticed there is a new update v1.23 that adds mapper 111 compatibility, does that include the self flashing functionality that mapper offers? The implementation that was released on nesdev a while ago was lacking that, because there was no way for the mapper to write the modified data back to the sdcard.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2020, 07:19 PM »
I noticed there is a new update v1.23 that adds mapper 111 compatibility, does that include the self flashing functionality that mapper offers? The implementation that was released on nesdev a while ago was lacking that, because there was no way for the mapper to write the modified data back to the sdcard.

Without saving self fleshed data.

Offline jonas

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2020, 07:28 PM »

Ok, that's what I thougt. Still, it's good to have official support for that mapper out of the box. Do you think saving the self flashed data is going to be possible at some point in the future or is that not really in the cards for the everdrive?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2020, 08:04 PM »

Ok, that's what I thougt. Still, it's good to have official support for that mapper out of the box. Do you think saving the self flashed data is going to be possible at some point in the future or is that not really in the cards for the everdrive?

Not sure about that. Whole space in OS rom already used, i should remove something to include any new functions in OS

Offline jonas

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2020, 08:20 PM »

Not sure about that. Whole space in OS rom already used, i should remove something to include any new functions in OS

So maybe for the n8 pro then?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2020, 11:47 PM »
pro already supports such feature for mapper 111 and 30

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2020, 01:57 AM »
Thank you for the updates. Mapper 99 works great. I found something odd with that Vs. Ice Climber AC hack. It gives me a gray screen when loading from the menu, but when I set reset to game and go back to the AVS menu before restarting, it loads!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 05:05 AM by brianvgplayer »