Author Topic: Save transfer question  (Read 136 times)

Offline Gandalf

• View Profile
Save transfer question
« on: January 14, 2020, 07:51 AM »
I am currently using the Everdrive 64 X7. Is it possible to transfer a game save from my PC to the SD card in the X7, and have the game load that save?

Offline ultpaladin

• View Profile
Re: Save transfer question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 10:18 PM »
I was able to do so from a save file that I ripped off a cart using a Retrode.  You just need to make sure the file names match excluding the extension.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 11:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure that PJ64 save files need to be byteswapped to work on the ED64 (and vice versa).  Saturnu created a program that handles this:

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1396.0
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Gandalf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 07:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure that PJ64 save files need to be byteswapped to work on the ED64 (and vice versa).  Saturnu created a program that handles this:

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1396.0

I've never used P64, but downloaded a random game save for Super Smash Bros (which includes all unlockables) in .sra format. I also have one that is .srm. I'm not so sure about which one to use. I assume I drag one of these into the SAVE folder and it'll load up automatically when I start the game? Is there anything specific I have to do or any options I have to tweak? I deleted my Smash saves in the SAVE folder, replaced it with the .sra one, started the game up, but it did not work. I made sure it matched the ROM name exactly. Not sure where to go from here.

Offline CrashOveride

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 08:03 PM »
I've never had luck with SRAM saves.For this particular game i could send a patch that unlocks everything if you want