Author Topic: Original NBA Jam, EEPROM saves-- anyone actually get them to to work with an X7  (Read 1113 times)

Offline munnlete

• View Profile
I've never been able to get EEPROM saving to work for the original NBA Jam, on my MegaEDX7 since the announcement was made over 2 yrs ago that this functionality was added.   NBA Jam Tournament Edition, no problem. 

My curiosity was piqued today when I saw a post on Romhacking of a patch that allowed standard SRAM saving.  That didn't work for me either. 

So, can anyone successfully save data on the original NBA Jam after resetting or powering off the system, and if so, could you tell me exactly what steps you take, what hardware you have, what version of the game, and what version of MegaED OS you are running?       

I've tried 3.06, 3.11, and 3.13.  And I'm running on a MegaSg console. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:56 AM by munnlete »

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
Is there a way to fix this issue by editing the header of the roms? I'm under the impression that some roms are mislabeled and aren't detected as their proper save type by the everdrive X7.

Offline Burt_Lancaster

• View Profile
I tried every patch and combination with Wonder Boy in Monster World. I was never able to make it work...

So I bought an original copy on eBay

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
Which OS? I didn't have an issue with an unpatched Monster World last few times I checked, but I didn't check 3.13. I heard NBA Jam is buggy on the actual cart, though I did get it to save in an earlier OS (3.05, if I remember correctly).