Author Topic: Does ever drive play snes/mame?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Jayleonis

• View Profile
Does ever drive play snes/mame?
« on: March 04, 2020, 08:08 PM »
Curious if the ever drive gba plays snes games or early mame roms?  Also what do I need to do in order to play the nes and older gb/gbc games? Does the emulator come on the ever drive already?

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: Does ever drive play snes/mame?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 01:06 PM »
Curious if the ever drive gba plays snes games or early mame roms?  Also what do I need to do in order to play the nes and older gb/gbc games? Does the emulator come on the ever drive already?

nes and older gb/gbc games will launch and play in ther original rom format

Offline Jayleonis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 06:29 PM »
What would happen if I took a mame rom and just renamed it to .gba or .gb. Would it play? Can I use a mame emulator?  I’m just talking about the older mame games like the simpsons arcade game era type. I was assuming the gba is strong enough to play them

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 10:26 PM »

Everdrive GBA plays SNES games but you need to go to the SNESAdvance page and download the extractor then patch the SFC roms to become GBA. They suffer from numerous bugs and issues but if you have time and patience you can change offset and input settings to make games run like how Nintendo made SNES ports run on GBA.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 02:41 AM »
What would happen if I took a mame rom and just renamed it to .gba or .gb. Would it play? Can I use a mame emulator?  I’m just talking about the older mame games like the simpsons arcade game era type. I was assuming the gba is strong enough to play them

renaming a .zip will not change the header of the file

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 05:16 AM »
I was kind of out of the loop as I haven't restored a single SNES game since Super Castlevania IV with a accurate sprite follow input. So I was meant to say the games if you put enough time restoring them changing the settings and even more settings would make them playable usually values of 40, 4000, 4040, 40c00, 40000, 48000, 84000 and 8400000 tend to do the trick making certain textures appear with no pixilation in the screen otherwise known as garbage tiles on more settings while 0132, 0400, 0800, 1000, 1400, 1800 tends to correct issues where backgrounds are in front of foregrounds to even removing text that normally the SNES would remove that may not vanish due to it running on a GBA otherwise know as HUD removal.

Edit 2: These are good examples

https://imgur.com/a/lpxsOam

https://imgur.com/a/EFVLq5l

https://imgur.com/a/KW8jkJP

https://imgur.com/a/j3vH4Jb

That would be like trying to rename a PCE rom to GBA and hope that it works, sadly despite the device being able to fully function with those games unless you managed to get a rom pack that was pre-made you would be out of luck getting this system to run ever on a GBA Everdrive outside of the Super Card SD that is.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:38 PM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 11:51 AM »
Mame roms comes in archives (zipped but they can be extracted as well) with several files for every game. Each rom chip from the game's board gets its own rom image file and the number of files is different for every game. So which rom file are you going to rename anyway?
Even if the GBA is powerful enough to emulate many older arcade systems, I haven't seen a version for Mame for any system older than the Gamecube.

Offline Jayleonis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 05:41 AM »
Mame roms comes in archives (zipped but they can be extracted as well) with several files for every game. Each rom chip from the game's board gets its own rom image file and the number of files is different for every game. So which rom file are you going to rename anyway?
Even if the GBA is powerful enough to emulate many older arcade systems, I haven't seen a version for Mame for any system older than the Gamecube.

Was mainly looking to emulator that old Simpson’s arcade game. Tapper, and any of the tmnt arcade games as well.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 06:46 PM »

Was mainly looking to emulator that old Simpson’s arcade game. Tapper, and any of the tmnt arcade games as well.

I am not aware of the Simpsons arcade game being possible to play on GBA but I can confirm Turtles In Time works though it would need some tweaks on SNESAdvance as all I did was touch up the sprite following feature to follow the main player with some holding select to pan up to the health bar so that it always follows your character through the entire game. Some graphics would need value ajustments in settings and more settings though...

Post changed:

Offline James Cree

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 12:14 AM »
... and it would still run like doodoo, not have enough buttons and have no sound.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 02:03 AM »
It won't work.
The Everdrive GBA doesn't have a built in "arcade" emulator. The arcade concept is too broad and comprised of many different processors and architectures.
You're better off using a PSPgo or first edition 3DS if you want to play arcade games with a small screen and portable.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 05:03 PM »
... and it would still run like doodoo, not have enough buttons and have no sound.

Considering the fact the app had the feature of making the GBA configure the button inputs the SNESAdvance controls setting had it really wasn't that had to get used to the buttons... there for example solved issues with a lot of games if I recall

Y = B
B = A
X = L
A = R
L = Select+L
R = Select+R
Scale Up the screen = Hold Select and press either Up or Down

Select+Start+B+A brings up the emulator control menu.
Push Start to exit the menu.

Which the above was the default I always went with this one...

Y = B
B = A
X = B
A = A
L = L
R = R
Start = Start
Select = Select

And with the above it solved everything from firing a weapon in Super Castlevania IV to even reversing the controls for Dracula X, as for the sound unless you had a headphone jack it's better to have it on mute.

Post changed: