Author Topic: GBA X5 Mini just arrived. Battery run dry RTC reset. Does not save  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Burt_Lancaster

• View Profile
Hi,

Just received my new ED GBA X5 Mini and was surprised by the fact that the internal battery is already dry, (message screen on every restart) and that save games are gone every time I restart the GBA. I thought save games were stored in the SD, so not sure how both things are connected (if they are)

Anyway, just wanted to see if this has happened before to brand new X5 Mini owners and how to solve it... Probably just changing the battery, but wanted to be sure. Plus after all this is a new product so having to buy a battery and changing it myself does not make me incredibly happy.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Buy a new battery

Offline lopenator

• View Profile
Be grateful. I wish my only problem was the battery. Mine keeps freezing.

Offline SlippyToadLives

• View Profile
im still waiting for my x5 mini in the post but I really hope its free of 'solder issues' and red screen / audio crackling / freezing stuff. Just moved over from EZ Flash Omega which I had a terrible unreliable experience with. Just when you thought it was trusty, you'd lose saves.

battery is a bit of a bummer but not a biggy in the scope of things.

Offline pomstazlesa

• View Profile
you dont solve the problem by saying someone has worse problem. you solve the problem by solving the problem. dont be grateful. ask for new battery

Offline lopenator

• View Profile
you dont solve the problem by saying someone has worse problem. you solve the problem by solving the problem. dont be grateful. ask for new battery
I'm sorry if I offended you. The person above me told him how to solve the issue. I was only trying to make him feel better.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 12:06 PM by lopenator »

Offline Burt_Lancaster

• View Profile
It is ok guys!! thank you all!!

I will contact support for this, but I am also concerned about the issues regarding this http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=9973.0, which already happened to me a couple of times. Let's see what they say.

Thanks!

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
It is ok guys!! thank you all!!

I will contact support for this, but I am also concerned about the issues regarding this http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=9973.0, which already happened to me a couple of times. Let's see what they say.

Thanks!

About the battery they won't send u one and just tell u to go buy one at a store

Offline lopenator

• View Profile
I've noticed with the crackling, it only happens when something touches the cart. If the game is running and I leave it on the table, it won't freeze. I think it has to do with the contacts.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
I've noticed with the crackling, it only happens when something touches the cart. If the game is running and I leave it on the table, it won't freeze. I think it has to do with the contacts.

One thing to keep note of. Some SP's have very sensitive audio channels so sometimes pushing the buttons down too much makes the audio crack or go distorted this of course only happens on refurbished ones as the plastic is a lot more flimsy than the real ones that were more solid and durable, I had that issue on my ED GBA X5 too but normally a push in the switch box with your thumb gets the cracking to go away... the most jarring part is when the volume fully goes mute and it then silently comes back on.

I've been using a refurbished AGS 101 (Resistant to scratching, finger marks, sun cream and pretty much anything that would catch onto it) for as long as I got into wanting to play emulators on my GBA, while I kept the genuine one of a kind AGS 101 in a container to preserve it, for reasons unknown lol
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 07:52 PM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline lopenator

• View Profile

One thing to keep note of. Some SP's have very sensitive audio channels so sometimes pushing the buttons down too much makes the audio crack or go distorted this of course only happens on refurbished ones as the plastic is a lot more flimsy than the real ones that were more solid and durable, I had that issue on my ED GBA X5 too but normally a push in the switch box with your thumb gets the cracking to go away... the most jarring part is when the volume fully goes mute and it then silently comes back on.

I've been using a refurbished AGS 101 (Resistant to scratching, finger marks, sun cream and pretty much anything that would catch onto it) for as long as I got into wanting to play emulators on my GBA, while I kept the genuine one of a kind AGS 101 in a container to preserve it, for reasons unknown lol
yeah I hear you. I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm sure this is not the problem for my device. I'm playing in a OG GBA with the stock shell. In any case, putting a little pressure on the shell even in a refurbished shell should not cause the console to freeze albeit the sound might come out distorted. . I think it has to do with the connection in between the cart and mother board.

On top of that, it does not happen with authentic carts.