Author Topic: Save state problems on Mega Everdrive Pro  (Read 368 times)

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
Save state problems on Mega Everdrive Pro
« on: November 08, 2020, 07:01 PM »
Hello.
I've just bought my Mega ED pro, it works fine but I have problems with save states.
I tried 3 times in Landstalker, it worked fine but the 4th time, it freezed and black screen. Then impossible to load even if the save preview seems to be OK. It always gives a black screen and freezes.
I can change the slot and save on slot 1 for example but the next time I want to load, again black screen and freeze.
Any idea where the problem could be ?
My MicroSD is fine.
My MD is attached to an original Mega CD, could it be the problem ?
Thanks

Offline IRL Random Hajile

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Save state problems on Mega Everdrive Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 02:12 AM »
Hello there! The save state feature can be kinda finicky with how it works, and some Genesis games may not support it at all. It all depends on the game really (it's not a 100% stable feature so keep this in mind). Had something similar like this happen to me when I did a save state on Shadowrun while hunting down ghouls for cash. Though when I have the game itself set on pause and then did a save state afterwards, I could always load the state back no problem without coming across a black screen.
Definitely recommend that you do save states while the game is paused (whenever it is possible), as it seems that the more action goes on screen simultaneously while you save state, the more likely it'll glitch out or do something really strange to the visuals. Had weird glitchy graphics when I did a save state while playing Zero Tolerance one time, but doing a save state while the game is paused (looking at the floor map in this case) seems to avoid that issue. At least for me it does.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 02:20 AM by IRL Random Hajile »
"BH75001, Random Hajile... that's
R-A-N-D-O-M H-A-J-I-L-E."

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 10:20 AM »
Thanks for your answer.
I'll use firstly the ram save and then if not available save states into 2 slots when paused.
So your combo buttons doesn't include start (needed for the pause) ?

Offline IRL Random Hajile

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 12:56 AM »
Mhm! I've changed the Ingame Menu button combination from the default Down + Start combo to instead be Down + B + C for Genesis/Mega Drive games. Totes a good idea to save in multiple slots when using the Save State feature, just incase if one of the slots glitches out when loading it.
"BH75001, Random Hajile... that's
R-A-N-D-O-M H-A-J-I-L-E."