Author Topic: Super Game Boy 2 (Beta)  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
Super Game Boy 2 (Beta)
« on: June 22, 2020, 12:43 AM »
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:02 AM by Relikk »

Offline ErivandoXP

• View Profile
Re: Super Game Boy 2 (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 02:33 AM »
Nice! Thanks!  ;D

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 03:25 AM »
Does this mean all the unique boarders are now available to the SD2SNES? I remember a SGB2 rom but it only stayed at the blackout screen with the default boarder loading up.

Edit: Ah I see its the complete program when you find all the parts on the world wide web... well from my experience it seems pretty good when all parts are added but stuff is a bit buggy like the readme says. It's also a shame you cant interchange unique SGB boarders like how the Everdrive GB series was able to with non enhanced SGB games still though it's awesome I can finally experience the SGB2 for the 1st time as I only have the original one and cant wait to see future updates on this ^^
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:58 AM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 06:28 AM »
Interesting, though weird that it was uploaded anonymously.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 12:25 PM »
Interesting, though weird that it was uploaded anonymously.

Likely due to it being a beta and wont be updated on the official firmware for a while kind of like how Redguys SA-1 and SSD-1 files were not confirmed but betas were available for them.

Also this is likely the only way I will get to experience these games running at their normal non overlclocked speed outside of getting the physical SGB2 which would likely not work as its region locked on a PAL SNES, eventhough despite it not being able to use all available SGB enhanced roms which could keep the boarders after resetting the device I think it would be awesome if later updates to the firmware made it possible to run only GBC games on it now that it doesen't have those limitations or does it?

I presume if a reset button configuration is possible in the near future it may be possible to keep the boarder when changing to a new rom though unlike the EDGB series it would always revert back to the SD2SNES menu... now I think of it wouldn't it be cool if their was a glitch where the boarder would load up with the SD2SNES menu inside of it.

And lastly I think SD2SNES users who had the original versions will find this ugrade a lot easier to update GB roms on it as you wont need to ply out the SD card each and everytime thanks to the spring that was omitted in later FX PAK versions.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 02:29 PM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 08:29 PM »
Awesome addition. I wonder if Ikari is planning to merge SGB amd save states into main at some point.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 08:49 PM »
I wonder if Ikari is planning to merge SGB amd save states into main at some point.

He will once they're "finished" and ready to be integrated into the firmware for an official release.

Offline aleomark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 01:00 AM »
now i've updated to these working fine, wonder were get gb msu patch games

tried with https://www.zeldix.net/t2113-game-boy-msu1-patches
 bit I can't find the .msu file
just the patch and .pcm files

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 01:51 AM »

Though it can't be shared here and the provided file shared in this topic only gives you the minimal parts needed to get the gb patch. If you search up Smokemonsters recent review of the SD2SNES SGB2 Beta on youtube it gives you an additional few parts that were needed in the readme to search up to get it up and running, it should be on his top comment if I recall.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 03:36 AM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 02:12 AM »

We are currently unaware as to how the author got the GB MSU1 games to work, because the default naming convention doesn't work. It's best to consider GB MSU1 as slightly broken at the moment and that it will be fixed in the next beta release or when it is integrated into ikari's firmware. Whichever comes first.

Offline aleomark

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 02:55 PM »
you have to register in zeldix.net and then you can download missing files for links awakening in its topic, comment #3

I've made work final fantasy adventure in sd2snes running fine
but no the link's awakening, both are patched roms tested before in bsnes and working fine with perfect sound in pc emulator

I guess that the main difference was that the ff rom you need to patch also the SGB2 rom, and no the links awakening

Offline nensondubois

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 09:50 PM »
I started compiling problematic games on twitter: https://twitter.com/nensondubois_/status/1274876697888817152
Space Invaders and 65816 code works as expected because it does access hardware the same was a real SGB/2 would.

Why MSU1? Why not modify games to take advantage of the N-SPC engine provided by the SGB/2 to access the internal SOUND A B library for effects in games? Why not use SOU_TRN and DATA_SND for custom Super Game Boy soundtracks? Now that this is possible on a large scale, why not access the unused OBJ_TRN mode (which I got working a few years ago) for SNES sprites in games? Or even up the ante and access other parts of the SNES functions that were never touched by original developers such as adding mode 7 or mosaic effects, etc in Game Boy games? the possibilites are now endless. Why do we need to jump to overkill with MSU1?

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 10:26 PM »
I started compiling problematic games on twitter: https://twitter.com/nensondubois_/status/1274876697888817152
Space Invaders and 65816 code works as expected because it does access hardware the same was a real SGB/2 would.

Why MSU1? Why not modify games to take advantage of the N-SPC engine provided by the SGB/2 to access the internal SOUND A B library for effects in games? Why not use SOU_TRN and DATA_SND for custom Super Game Boy soundtracks? Now that this is possible on a large scale, why not access the unused OBJ_TRN mode (which I got working a few years ago) for SNES sprites in games? Or even up the ante and access other parts of the SNES functions that were never touched by original developers such as adding mode 7 or mosaic effects, etc in Game Boy games? the possibilites are now endless. Why do we need to jump to overkill with MSU1?
Can you list them in Google Docs? It's far easier to organize and other people can add to that list.
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2020, 10:44 PM »
Why do we need to jump to overkill with MSU1?

Why not? There are two games that have been MSU1 enabled thus far and are usable on accurate emulators such as BSNES. It already existed before the SGB2 functionality was being worked on, and we know, in theory, that it should work on real hardware with the correct components. In that sense it's an addition, and not entirely an experimental feature.

Pass on your ideas to ikari on Discord, I'm sure he'd be happy to take a look at them and work with the developer if they're feasible and worthwhile.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2020, 11:46 PM »

Can any of this teared down GitHub dissection files and info fix that issue? https://github.com/Noplace/GBEmu/tree/master/test or this https://gbdev.gg8.se/files/roms/bootroms/

Post changed: