Author Topic: Super Game Boy 2 (Beta)  (Read 16768 times)

Offline nensondubois

• View Profile
Re: Super Game Boy 2 (Beta)
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 12:59 AM »
I'm sorry I do not have a google document set up at this time. I will work on setting up one.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 01:06 AM by nensondubois »

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 11:38 PM »

Offline Jurai

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2020, 06:38 PM »
Mega Man V seemed to work ok at first but attempting to select the second or fourth robot masters will cause the game to reboot when it gets to the point of showing the intro of the boss

Offline nensondubois

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2020, 01:46 AM »
I decided it is necessary to create a spreadsheet because the constant updates would quickly deprecate the list. Also, why isn't the Sameboy core being used? The author needs to be pointed int hat direction since it is the most accurate core.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 02:52 AM »
I decided it is necessary to create a spreadsheet because the constant updates would quickly deprecate the list. Also, why isn't the Sameboy core being used? The author needs to be pointed int hat direction since it is the most accurate core.

Can the Sameboy core run Roboponcots? Also from what I have seen compatability seems almost the same for the boarders minus the GBC games being a hit or miss, also I wonder if they can implement the RAM file of Tamagotchi 3 that got made a while ago into this build so that those unworking chip games can finally be played on the SD2SNES as the EDGB couldn't run them?
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline nensondubois

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 03:58 AM »

Can the Sameboy core run Roboponcots? Also from what I have seen compatability seems almost the same for the boarders minus the GBC games being a hit or miss, also I wonder if they can implement the RAM file of Tamagotchi 3 that got made a while ago into this build so that those unworking chip games can finally be played on the SD2SNES as the EDGB couldn't run them?

What special function does Tamagotchi 3 utilise? I'm unaware of Sameboy having severe issues, perhaps this was a problem years ago?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:00 AM by nensondubois »

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2020, 06:53 AM »
What special function does Tamagotchi 3 utilise? I'm unaware of Sameboy having severe issues, perhaps this was a problem years ago?

Hmmm... I made this a while ago it should help - https://imgur.com/ec0u5OS

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2020, 01:18 PM »
Sameboy is highly accurate, I doubt it has problems with most normal games.

Special hardware like the Robotponkotsu games are hardly emulated by any emulator. But that's irrelevant since the emulator source code is just used as documentation.
GBE+ is supporting a lot of the obscure hardware.

Tamagocchi 3 has a custom MBC with an EEPROM, RTC and a piezoelectric beeper.

Offline nensondubois

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2020, 03:52 PM »

Hmmm... I made this a while ago it should help - https://imgur.com/ec0u5OS

You also forgot the include the Mani 4-in-1 series of official Chinese Game Boy compilations.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2020, 05:35 PM »
Sameboy is highly accurate, I doubt it has problems with most normal games.

Special hardware like the Robotponkotsu games are hardly emulated by any emulator. But that's irrelevant since the emulator source code is just used as documentation.
GBE+ is supporting a lot of the obscure hardware.

Tamagocchi 3 has a custom MBC with an EEPROM, RTC and a piezoelectric beeper.

None of those games run on the EDGB or the X7 they are on real hardware but the only thing I managed to get was the boarders to use on any game, one of them leads up the developer screen which was the poncots USA version but it then whites out. While the others only load the boarders I made a more comprehensive list here of every game in my finalized EDGB version a few years ago it pretty much covers every special chip game even what attatchment was used on it, image heavy incoming...

Special Mapper Games - https://imgur.com/3MaJ0ZZ

Special Device Games - https://imgur.com/6PIekbm

Mapper Games That Work On EDGB Series Including X7 - https://imgur.com/keeNmb0

Comprehensive Enhanced Color Game List which don't load up a boarder so you can add any other game boarder from any SGB enhanced game that is not listed here (Including the 3 games that lost their enhancements to get the colors back via code) - https://imgur.com/pyRFS5t

You also forgot the include the Mani 4-in-1 series of official Chinese Game Boy compilations.

Oh Those... I think they unlike the others require not much searching up for compatibility as goomba can run most of them this is based off my supercard SD so its likely a comprehensive list of what games you can play on your GBA on the go! Am not sure what they were originally called as I simplified them just like the rest on my Super Card SD that only had a limited amount of characters for each rom when it used to work but if I provide the file sizes it should hopefully help you...

https://imgur.com/G52gh3p

Of course none of those in 1 games work on the EDGB as it just shows the blank Gameboy logo line but the mentioned emulator on any other device runs it also that 1st unplayable game being Daikyuu Montigari actually works on the goomba emulator too if I recall as done a few Pokémon hacks being Blacx (A gen 6 hack), Haiiro (A Gen 3 hack if I recall) and XY Naturia (If I recall) though as my device died a long time ago I cant tell anymore but as they worked on goomba it likely works still on GBA these don't work on EDGB either.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:31 PM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2020, 11:52 AM »

Offline sofakng

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2020, 05:51 AM »
Hey guys ... Is there any benefit to using this instead of the MiSTer GB/GBC cores?

I don't mean any disrespect at all!  I'm just wondering if there are any advantages to using this instead of a MiSTer core because both of them are simulating the hardware?  (the SNES in this situation is just delivering the audio/video, but basically the FPGA is doing the same thing in both cases?)

(Obviously for people who don't have access to a MiSTer than this is a great addition of course!)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 05:53 AM by sofakng »

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2020, 11:15 AM »
The benefit is that you can use the SGB optimizations of some games and the one specific game which includes a whole SNES game. MiSTer supports GB and GBC which even is the better way to go if you want these games in full glory. Nope not possible with that solution we talk about here. You can't magically add more bandwidth to stream the image to the SGB ROM / SNES. Soo, if you want the SGB feeling, this is the way to go, if you want compatibility, MiSTer is better.

Luckily nobody wanna compete to MiSTer here, the plan is to support all chipsets the SNES ever had included in games and this DMG in a cart is one of them

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2020, 01:41 PM »
The MiSTer core is open source, so I would be surprised if the author hasn't at least looked at the MiSTer DMG core.

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2020, 04:58 PM »
New Update Released: https://github.com/redacted173/sd2snes/releases

Update notes:
-Fixed GB RTC. Known bugs are fixed, but it is not well tested. See readme.txt.
-Updated initial WAV RAM values to match a SGB2.
-Fixed end of frame line match interrupt.
-Added extra line of OAM interrupt.
-Fixed problem with hidden sprites still getting rendered.
-Fixed some cases of partially flashing scanlines by masking OAM LUT reads/writes when DMA is active.
-Fixed interrupt related problems by rewriting STAT interrupt generation logic. Removed hack where OAM interrupt was masked using sprite disable flag.
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H