Author Topic: Super Game Boy 2 (Beta)  (Read 26130 times)

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Super Game Boy 2 (Beta)
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2020, 02:33 AM »
There are GBA enhancments and DS to GBA enhancment lists out there, and DS slot 2 enhancment add-ons lists. Not sure how complete they are not, or accurate.

I honestly never heard of that feature but if I guessed it would likely be more know with the Pokémon GBA games and the Pokémon DS games as you could trade between games, I do remember the GBA transfer device that let you wire up a GBA to your Gamecube for some Pokémon games on it but my memory is really foggy of anything past the GBC era.

I presume the reason why was because I really didn't feel the need to search up stuff that wouldn't play on a SNES, I was fully aware of the Gameboy Player but I never had one with my Gamecube which was why I was resilient to get a EDGBA but who would have guessed I would use it so much more than the Gameboy Everdrives even with the boarder features... I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover eh... though ironically I didn't use the GBA everdrive for GBA games but other systems instead likely why the battery never ran dry as I hardly used it for GBA games.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2020, 02:20 AM »
Ya it can get kinda complicated...

See DS to GBA enhancments include anything from hooking up a Aria of Sorrow and linking it to Dawn of Sorrow to unlock some extra items in Dawn of Sorrow. It simply reads off the header information. Lots of games that did stuff like that. Some unlocked extra missions if you had a previous GBA like Advance Wars GBA to Advance Wars DS apparently.

To more elaborate stuff such as pokepark and trading pokemon between GBA and DS games.

You brought up gamecube, there are a number of games that are also special compatible with the GBA through the GBA link cable. Having a copy of Fusion for example would unlock content in Metroid Prime II and vice versa... That's another list I need to look into for GBA flashcart....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameCube_–_Game_Boy_Advance_link_cable
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 02:23 AM by Galron »

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2020, 07:16 AM »
Ya it can get kinda complicated...

See DS to GBA enhancments include anything from hooking up a Aria of Sorrow and linking it to Dawn of Sorrow to unlock some extra items in Dawn of Sorrow. It simply reads off the header information. Lots of games that did stuff like that. Some unlocked extra missions if you had a previous GBA like Advance Wars GBA to Advance Wars DS apparently.

To more elaborate stuff such as pokepark and trading pokemon between GBA and DS games.

You brought up gamecube, there are a number of games that are also special compatible with the GBA through the GBA link cable. Having a copy of Fusion for example would unlock content in Metroid Prime II and vice versa... That's another list I need to look into for GBA flashcart....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameCube_–_Game_Boy_Advance_link_cable

All info provided and found was from these links below... whever they were accurate or not was beyond me but it's mostly it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_Boy_Color_games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_Boy_games

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline RetroGamer02

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 02, 2020, 02:23 AM »
SGB Firmware Merged into the Savestate firmware a while back and now it looks like that firmware has been merged into official including SGB. Maybe we will get a new release from Ikari soon?
Owned Flash carts
EverDrive 64 V3 UltraCIC V1
EverDrive GBA X5
SD2SNES Rev F

Offline PersianImm0rtal

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2020, 01:01 AM »
Just wanted to creep in and say thanks to the people who added save states and sgb2! Any chance that support for Tengai Makou Zero Far East of Eden would be supported soon?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2020, 12:45 AM »
I'm assuming it's an option to remove the 10 sprites per scanline limit? In that case best would be enabled, like real GB hardware. Removing the sprite limit may reduce flickering in games if there are more than 10 sprites on the same scanline, but will also make some games that rely on this hardware quirk, to not work correctly.

Offline The Unboxing Authority

• View Profile
    • ChristianCourts.com
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2020, 07:51 AM »
A quick question. So I know they combined the Savestate firmware with the GBA firmware, but has anyone figured out how to have the SaveStates work at the same time as the Super Gameboy 2 or the Enhancement Chip games? I'm just curious.

Offline Prock78

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2020, 11:12 PM »
I recently found out about this firmware by Furious, and wowww! It's amazing! I'm so glad to be able to use save states and to play GB games on my SNES with my SD2SNES!
One question though: I can't use save states when playing GB games, is it normal? I can see this possibility in the SGB Settings: Savestates (XR, XL). But XR or XL have no effect during the game. Am I missing something?

Offline The Unboxing Authority

• View Profile
    • ChristianCourts.com
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2020, 12:00 AM »
I recently found out about this firmware by Furious, and wowww! It's amazing! I'm so glad to be able to use save states and to play GB games on my SNES with my SD2SNES!
One question though: I can't use save states when playing GB games, is it normal? I can see this possibility in the SGB Settings: Savestates (XR, XL). But XR or XL have no effect during the game. Am I missing something?

My life in gaming seems to have another firmware that does support save states and cd audio on super gameboy 2 games. They demonstrate it in their video. At least that's the way I saw it. I don't know where to get that firmware. It also has special Super Gameboy functions to play in Super Gameboy mode instead of Super Gameboy 2, different clock rates. Does anyone know where to get that firmware?

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2020, 07:38 AM »

My life in gaming seems to have another firmware that does support save states and cd audio on super gameboy 2 games. They demonstrate it in their video. At least that's the way I saw it. I don't know where to get that firmware. It also has special Super Gameboy functions to play in Super Gameboy mode instead of Super Gameboy 2, different clock rates. Does anyone know where to get that firmware?

Just quickly skipped to watch the whole part where he says about the history of looking back at the SD2SNES when it first came out until the updated end but didn't see any feature which made him change between the versions it's likely he was using the original device for the normal one unless it was a option in the menu at what time part?

Post changed:

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2020, 11:20 AM »

They don't have another firmware. The latest firmware has been in the first post of this thread since mid September, about a week after its release.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2020, 08:05 PM »
On 2nd look it seems its indeed the original Super Gameboy but judging from the accuracy of the frame rate it appears to be the actual device while the SGB2 is the firmware one it's a bit confusing when he has the transparent one too so there is that too.

Post changed:

Offline chunkysteveo

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2021, 12:47 PM »
Just adding this little snippet to this thread for any new users who missed the obvious step when setting up the SGB to work on their cart -

The firmware will read roms with the lowercase ".gb" extension, NOT roms with an uppercase ".GB". It's in the readme of the original SGB firmware, but I wrongly assumed it was not case sensitive - if you have roms which are uppercase .GB, change them to lowercase .gb or you will just get a black screen and nothing loading.

Steve

Offline Karl

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2021, 01:06 AM »
Heyho,

does anyone know what framerate the emulator runs at? I'm just curious in case of speedrunning some games and submitting times to srl.

Thank you in advance. :)

Offline HansHintersee20

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2021, 03:40 PM »
... speedrunning some games and submitting times to srl. ...

There are several settings to modify how the SGB runns. You can choose between SuperGameboy and SuperGameboy2 which already makes a difference in Framerate...
You should ask the community what they think about the FXPak solution before submitting your speedrun videos to the community.
Also I would recommend to also capture all settings done together with your run, so other people can validate your runns.

On this page SGB is named as "other", so it is something between allowed and banned?
http://www.gbrunners.com/game-boy-speedrunning-explained

I think for training the FXpak solution is fine, but to assure that your runs don't get nuked you should use one of the recommended solutions.