Author Topic: Is it physically impossible to get perpetual energy from the SD2SNES?  (Read 908 times)

Offline FartPuff

• View Profile
Somebody please say “yes, it is impossible”, so that someone can prove you wrong so that I can have free energy.
retroUSB AVS / EverDrive N8 / Analogue Super NT / SAG SD2SNES Pro ( Mk. III Rev. B ) / Game/System collection

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
yes, it is impossible
 ;D

Offline nuu

• View Profile
We are all saved!

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
I know nothing about FPGAs and can tell you it's literally impossible.
I'm 100% sure.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
I'm 100% sure.

As it's a replication of the real hardware it's true, trickery makes it possible but realistically it wouldn't be able to retain every feature the real hardware had like interchanging boarders between every game in the whole line. This also means the link cable feature wouldn't work as the device has no ports for it still though it's pretty ground breaking to finally play a SGB2 especially as I remember back in the past accidentally clicking on the SGB2 rom in the SD2SNES folder's Japan section of games and having a frozen screen with nothing but the boarder loading up with a black screen.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
SD2SNES is good as a nuclear fusion reactor.
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline nuu

• View Profile
I'm 100% sure.

As it's a replication of the real hardware it's true, trickery makes it possible but realistically it wouldn't be able to retain every feature the real hardware had like interchanging boarders between every game in the whole line. This also means the link cable feature wouldn't work as the device has no ports for it still though it's pretty ground breaking to finally play a SGB2 especially as I remember back in the past accidentally clicking on the SGB2 rom in the SD2SNES folder's Japan section of games and having a frozen screen with nothing but the boarder loading up with a black screen.
Did you just call the SGB2 a perpetual motion machine? I had no idea!

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
I'm 100% sure.

Did you just call the SGB2 a perpetual motion machine? I had no idea!

A replica of the real hardware but not a motion machine, it's trying to copy how the real hardware worked kind of like how the SD2SNES did with the SNES games. As stated it cant run link cable games due to the way its built also cannot use any boarder you can load up to work on any game with their unique color pallet due to this... also I have no idea how this moved to off topic as it was titled to be for the SD2SNES!

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline nuu

• View Profile
A perpetual motion machine with a link cable! Does that mean you can get double infinite energy?

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
A perpetual motion machine with a link cable! Does that mean you can get double infinite energy?

It's hard to say if it could have had double infinite energy the original SGB was clocked down mere months before it's release. The heat generated put a lot of strain on the parts so Nintendo decided to reduce it's power for the sake of longevity and only put it back for the 2nd release of it. Now here's a question do you think it's possible to get radiation from using something the SD2SNES wasn't capable or running?

Post changed:

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Anything is possible with the SD2SNES.

I have no idea how this moved to off topic as it was titled to be for the SD2SNES!
It's just a joke thread and it isn't really about the SGB.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
If we put magnets inside the SD2SNES it COULD be possible. ::)
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
It's just a joke thread and it isn't really about the SGB.

Thought as much now... such a shame I wasted a good piece of advice on why the real hardware was superior too as it was the only gimmick that made owning the actual Super Gameboy worth while, just for it to be moved off topic so its been lost in transition.

Post changed:

Offline nuu

• View Profile
I'm not sure your advice is correct though. Why wouldn't the FPGA SGB be able to change borders?
And if the USB port is connected to the FPGA, I believe it's possible to use it as the link cable port. Maybe it isn't though.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
I'm not sure your advice is correct though. Why wouldn't the FPGA SGB be able to change borders?
And if the USB port is connected to the FPGA, I believe it's possible to use it as the link cable port. Maybe it isn't though.

Because you have to go back to the start up of the SD2SNES screen each and everytime you change the rom. The Everdrive GB series was able to keep the boarder running as long as the device wasn't turned off so you could take control of not only the boarders on games that originally used the default SGB boarder of the Gameboy screen but also the unique color pallet set each game had.

Post changed: